For more information or to get a quote contact us today
Insurance for Ice Rinks and Roller Rinks
Staying safe within ice or roller rinks is largely down to the individual participating in the activity. Still, if an accident or mishap does occur, the blame usually lands squarely on the owner’s shoulders. Getting insurance for ice rinks and roller rinks should be a priority.
Ice and roller rinks are fantastic places for people to take part in fun physical activities. Whether for a family day out, as a hobby, or in a professional or competitive capacity, ice skating and roller skating are hugely popular throughout the US. If you own an ice rink or roller rink business, however, you are likely all too familiar with the risks involved and know there is a high potential for facing a liability lawsuit.
Common Ice and Roller Rink Injuries
Traveling at high speeds, individuals can fall hard when they lose their balance. Some of the most common injuries sustained at roller and ice rinks are:
- Ice skate blades, in particular, can cause a serious injury.
- Sprained ankles and wrists. Falls can often result in bad sprains.
- Head injuries. Concussions or more severe head injuries often occur.
- ACL tears. The knees are particularly vulnerable during slips and trips.
- An ankle fracture is most common, followed by the arms and wrists.
Most increases in injuries are sustained by children as ice hockey and figure skating rise in popularity amongst young people. And according to this report of injury within competitive figure skating, 152 out of 204 individuals sustained an injury.
Other Ice and Roller Rink Risks
Other types of accidents can result in property damage. Extreme weather conditions causing damage to outside rinks, and fire and water damage are also common risk factors. There is also the risk of alleged sexual abuse, molestation, and physical abuse amongst employees of the roller or ice rink.
Steps for Reducing Risk
You can take steps to reduce the risk of facing a liability claim in your ice rink or roller rink by:
- Keeping the rink surface well maintained and in a good state of repair.
- Ensuring all participants wear adequate protective gear.
- Preventing anyone tired, ill, or appearing to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs from entering the rink.
- Having clear rules and regulations for behavior within the rink.
- Removing individuals who are posing a risk to others.
- Having staff trained in first aid and fire evacuation procedures.
- Ensuring that staff follows a proper procedure for reporting and recording incidents.
- Ensuring all skaters warm up properly before entering the rink and that none take part if injured.
- Ensuring you have adequate liability coverage in place.
Insurance for Ice Rinks and Roller Rinks
During the last 40 years, we’ve seen many business owners and individuals refused coverage by other insurers because their occupation or activity is deemed too risky. We believe that everyone deserves the peace of mind that comes with full liability coverage, even if they have a claims history or have been refused cover in the past.
XINSURANCE is powered by Evolution Insurance Brokers, LC (“EIB”), an excess and surplus lines insurance brokerage. Through our unique “all-in-one” approach, we can offer our clients customized insurance solutions for ice rinks and roller rinks that meet all requirements.
Our solutions to insurance for ice rinks and roller rinks offers the following coverage:
- 3rd party injury
- 3rd party property damage
- Spectator liability
- Professional liability
- Alleged sexual abuse and molestation liability
- Alleged assault and battery liability
- And more
Get in Touch to Learn More
If you would like to understand more about XINSURANCE, you can check out our product line. We’re also available on your favorite social media platform. You can follow us to receive tips, news, and other information:
We also like to meet potential customers face to face at trade shows and events. Our events calendar will tell you if we’re going to be at an event near you.
How to Receive a Quote
If you would like to receive a quote, you can request one in a few simple clicks on our website. You can also email us for a quote at email@example.com or feel free to call us at 877-585-2853 for a chat about your needs.
We are looking forward to getting you the insurance for ice rinks and roller rinks you deserve.