For more information or to get a quote contact us today
28 Oct Safety Tips for Fall Businesses
If you run an agri-business, there’s plenty you can do to draw the crowds in from pumpkin patches, haunted mazes, fireworks, and other attractions and entertainment. These are a huge draw for families and can be as lucrative as they are fun. However, it’s essential to understand that Fall entertainment carries a certain amount of risk. How many safety tips for fall businesses are you currently following?
Visiting a pumpkin patch may seem like a safe activity, but what happens when the light levels fall, and those roots and vines become harder to see? Similarly, if someone is navigating a haunted corn maze and is startled by an actor, trip-hazards can be a real, potentially costly problem. Here are real-life examples to illustrate some risks and costs involved in Fall businesses.
- Running away from a chainsaw-wielding actor in a corn maze resulted in a broken leg.
- Being startled by an actor in a haunted house resulted in the plaintiff requiring two surgeries to repair her nose.
- Falling four floors resulted in the death of an attendee at a Haunted Hotel Ball.
Safety Tips for Fall Businesses
The best way to protect yourself from liability is to follow some essential safety tips for fall businesses. This will help keep your customers and other visitors to your Fall attractions as safe as possible. Here are safety tips to help you protect yourself, your staff, and your visitors.
- Train workers and actors to recognize stress or the onset of a medical condition. Train them to take appropriate action.
- Eliminate trip hazards. If you cannot eliminate them, make sure you signpost them.
- Plan hayride routes so that they do not navigate bumpy routes or cross public highways.
- Assess attractions that use actors to frighten or startle visitors. Remove any object that poses the risk of injury.
- Do not operate in extreme weather conditions.
- Ensure the proper safety checks have been carried out.
- Maintain equipment and facilities.
- Follow the recommendations made by your local fire department.
- Ensure evacuation routes are kept clear at all times.
- Follow all safety procedures. If something seems amiss, make it unavailable to the public.
- Cover yourself sufficiently against liability claims.
XINSURANCE Liability Coverage for Agritainment
You can’t eliminate risk entirely. Props can fall, animals can bite, and hidden hazards like leaf-covered potholes can increase the chances of you being subject to liability claims.
We appreciate the risks associated with running an agritourism business. Fortunately for those in this industry, our specialty is providing liability coverage for higher-risk occupations and businesses that other insurers shy away from.
XINSURANCE is powered by Evolution Insurance Brokers, LC (“EIB”), an excess and surplus lines insurance brokerage. Using our “all-in-one” approach, we assess your operations and experience level to create customized liability coverage that leaves no gaps.
Our liability coverage includes:
- Coverage for operations such as:
- Corn mazes
- Pumpkin patches
- Petting zoos
- Haunted houses
- Paintball courses
- Face painters
- Christmas tree lots
- Special events
- Firework displays
- Amusement & recreation places
- Devices and inflatables
- Carnivals, fairs, festivals, and family entertainment centers
- And more
- Commercial general liability
- Business auto (not available in all states)
- Property and equipment rental liability
- Animal, individual, and professional liability
- Alleged sexual abuse and molestation liability
- Alleged assault and battery liability
- And more
Of all safety tips for fall businesses, ensuring that you have adequate liability coverage is the most important. Prevention of accidents is an excellent motivation, but the nature of accidents is that they are unexpected. It’s best to have protection in place to reduce stress and, potentially, costs when an unlikely event occurs.
Receiving a Quote
If you would like to receive a quote or further information, please don’t hesitate to call us at 877-585-2853 or email us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can head straight to our website and click to receive a quote.
If you’re based in the following areas, we welcome you to pop into our offices for a chat about your requirements:
- 8722 S. Harrison Street, Sandy, Utah 84070
- 1 S. Dearborn Street #800, Chicago, IL 60603
- 700 11th St. South, STE 201, Naples, FL 34102
Our website has more information about our unique “all-in-one” approach. You’ll also see further information on liability coverage for agritainment and our huge product line. Additionally, our events calendar will let you know which events we’ll be attending, so why not put a date or two in your diary and come along and meet us?
Following our safety tips for fall businesses will help protect you from liability. XINSURANCE’s coverage for agribusinesses can give you peace of mind before, during, and after any accident that occurs despite your best efforts.