For more information or to get a quote contact us today
01 Jul Water Sports Insurance For Any Activity
Water sports are hugely popular all over the world. Accessible to people of all ages, taking part in water sports is a great way for people to have fun in the water and enjoy an adrenaline rush or two.
Whether it’s something fun and silly like banana boat rides or something requiring a bit more skill like water-skiing, water sports are popular, making this a highly lucrative business to be in.
If you are an owner of a water sports business, you’ll know that you’re often dealing with customers who can be inexperienced or unfamiliar with the activity. You are likely to meet many individuals that are not particularly comfortable in the water. Even for those who are experienced, accidents can and do happen. An accident can occur even if you’ve taken all the necessary safety measures and provided training before the activity.
This inherent danger makes water sports a high-risk business. A water sports business requires adequate water sports insurance. You can see why when you take a look at some statistics.
- At least 95% of all parasail accidents result from the parasail riders’ inability to escape/evacuate from a harness passenger support system following an unplanned water landing in high winds.
- In 2015, there were 13,832 surfing accidents, 7,335 water skiing accidents, and 5,280 water tubing accidents.
- From 2012 to 2016, there were 21,262 accidents and $207 million in property damage involving recreational watercraft.
Water Sports Injuries Can Be Severe
Unfortunately, accidents caused by participation in water sports can be extreme and, in some cases, deadly. Various water sports can cause serious injuries, with the most common being:
- Wakeboarding and tubing – Head and neck injuries.
- Water-skiing – knee, shoulder, and ankle injuries.
- Jet-skiing, surfing, and other high-speed water sports – concussions, and fractures as well as injury caused by collisions.
So who is to blame for these injuries? The blame will always tend to land firmly on the shoulders of the water sports business owner, making them highly susceptible to being sued.
Protecting Yourself as a Water Sports Business Owner
No one wants to be faced with a lawsuit, but this is the unfortunate reality for those who own businesses that carry out high-risk activities. As a business owner, there are specific measures you can take, however, to minimize the risk for water sports.
- Keep equipment well maintained.
- Retire old equipment.
- Perform regular safety checks and tests.
- Ensure the activity matches the experience level of the individual taking part.
- Provide sufficient safety gear.
- Provide sufficient training.
- Pay attention to weather conditions, tides, and other external factors.
- Employ experienced and properly trained staff.
- Keep certifications and licenses up to date.
- Ensure all staff are trained in first aid and emergency response.
- Halt an activity if you have safety concerns.
- Have sufficient liability coverage in place.
Finding Adequate Water Sports Insurance Coverage
Water sports is one of those high-risk industries that many insurers won’t go near, making it difficult to find the right protection against liability. Often, if you do manage to find water sports insurance, it will turn out to be inadequate or poorly suited to your needs.
This can land you in a very tricky situation if someone decides to sue you. Small businesses, in particular, can suffer and even fail when faced with significant legal costs.
XINSURANCE is the solution to those struggling to get proper coverage. We use an all-in-one approach to provide customized liability policies for those who own water sports businesses.
That means that we review your operations, experience level, and other factors to create water sports insurance that fits your requirements and gives you peace of mind.
XINSURANCE is powered by Evolution Insurance Brokers, LC (“EIB”), an excess and surplus lines insurance brokerage. We have decades of experience at our fingertips. No matter what your situation is, we aim to work out a liability policy that works for you.
XINSURANCE can provide coverage for personal injury, property damage, and injury to others caused by those taking part in the water sport activity.
We do not cover injury or property damage caused by the insured or any of their employees.
The water sports we can cover include:
- Jet skiing
- Hydro flying
- Scuba diving
If your business is for a water sport that’s not listed above, don’t worry we still could be able to help you – just give us a call to find out. We may also provide coverage for rentals and water sports equipment.
Find Out More about XINSURANCE and Our Water Sports Insurance
If you would like to learn more about how XINSURANCE and our water sports insurance can help you, we’ve provided extensive information on our website. You can check out our broad product line and receive a quote.
If you have questions, queries or simply want to have a chat about our services, then please feel free to contact us via one of the following methods:
Address: 8722 S. Harrison Street, Sandy, Utah 84070.
Our team is always available to provide you with the expertise to get the right coverage in place and let you continue your business worry and stress-free.
Keeping Up To Date With XINSURANCE
We like to keep all our existing and potential customers up to date and informed about our products and services as well as any developments and changes within the industry. Find us on the following social media platforms to learn what XINSURANCE is doing:
- Our events calendar is a great place to learn which local events XINSURANCE is going to be attending.
While we hope an accident doesn’t occur on your watch, don’t ride the wave of uncertainty by failing to have adequate water sports insurance in place. Give XINSURANCE a call and see how we can give you the peace of mind you deserve.