For more information or to get a quote contact us today
25 Nov Liability Insurance for Mountain Resorts
If you own a ski or mountain resort, you have probably experienced some frustration regarding the length of the ski and snowboarding season. The solution lies in maximizing your income potential by providing alternative activities that can take place when it’s not the right time of year for snow activities.
This course of action has become very popular among snow park owners in recent years, but in doing so, they have found themselves facing the same challenge. Whether it’s ski resorts, snow parks, or other types of mountain resorts, finding liability insurance for mountain resorts that provides coverage for all activities that take place is almost impossible.
Due to the high-risk nature of mountain resort activities, this leaves the business owner open to costly and devastating liability claims.
Facing the Risks of Mountain Activities
Snow parks are as risky as they are lucrative. Accidents are common and can range from something minor, like a sprained ankle, to more severe injuries, like broken bones and head trauma. In the worst cases, some unfortunate individuals have lost their lives.
It is currently estimated that over 600,000 individuals are injured in ski resorts each year. In 2012, zipline injuries increased to over 3,600 and, in 2014, the NPS reported 2,658 search and rescue operations.
These statistics represent a tiny portion of mountain resort activities. Many more accidents and incidents occur during other types of mountain recreation.
How to Reduce the Risk of Accidents
A mountain is a dangerous terrain. Even if you take all the necessary precautions to reduce your risk, you cannot eliminate the potential danger. Here are some steps you can take to reduce the likelihood of an accident occurring:
- Regularly inspect and repair equipment
- Don’t open your resort if there are reports of dangerous or extreme weather
- Don’t open your resort if there are reports of a landslide
- Place clear warnings of danger on the slopes
- Continuously monitor your slopes and recreational areas
- Fully train all staff in first aid
- Have all staff trained to carry out their jobs efficiently
- Ensure skiers use slopes appropriate for their experience level
- Ensure inexperienced individuals are not left unattended
- Maintain your slopes and cordon off dangerous areas
- Don’t allow intoxicated individuals to participate in activities
- Adhere to all safety standards and procedures
- Get liability insurance for mountain resorts
Liability Insurance for Mountain Resorts
One of the main issues that resort owners face is the lack of coverage available to them. If you own a mountain resort, you’ve probably experienced this problem already. Many insurers only provide limited coverage or refuse it altogether.
At XINSURANCE, we’ve built up decades of experience and expertise, which allows us to be one of the few insurance providers that cover high-risk activities. Even if you’ve been refused in the past or already have claims experience, XINSURANCE will use a unique “all-in-one” approach to assess you. We look at your experience levels and evaluate your operations to create a fully customized liability coverage that meets all your needs.
XINSURANCE is powered by Evolution Insurance Brokers, LC (“EIB”), an excess and surplus lines insurance brokerage and our liability insurance for mountain resorts provides the following coverage:
- Business auto
- Commercial general liability
- Premises liability
- Property coverage
- Package or mono-line
- Professional liability
- Excess medical
- Individual liability
- Alleged sexual abuse and molestation liability
XINSURANCE’s liability for mountain resorts covers the following activities:
- Skiing, snowboarding, and snowmobiling
- Scenic chair lifts, gondola rides, and suspension bridges
- Alpine slides, coasters, snow and summer tubing
- Camps, hiking, and biking
- Ziplines, rope courses, climbing walls, and bungee jumping
- Mini, disc, and regular golf, including golf carts
- Boating, canoeing, and kayaking
- Tours, guides, ATV/UTV rentals
- Special events
How to Find Out More About Liability Insurance for Mountain Resorts
Our website provides plenty of information about our extensive product line, including our liability insurance for mountain resorts. We’re also active on your favorite social media platforms, so please feel free to follow us and keep updated on our news and events:
We’re always keen to meet our customers face to face. You can find us at various events and trade shows in the area. Check out our events calendar to see if we’re near you.
Getting a Quote with XINSURANCE
Head to our website to receive a quote, email us via firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at 877-585-2853. Our friendly and experienced team is on standby to answer any of your queries and is looking forward to providing you with a customized quote.
If you’re near any of our offices, please arrange an appointment to discuss your needs. We are at:
- 8722 S. Harrison Street, Sandy, Utah 84070
- 1 S. Dearborn Street #800, Chicago, IL 60603
- 700 11th St. South, STE 201, Naples, FL 34102
XINSURANCE is committed to providing the coverage you need, where you need it most. Get in touch today to see what we can do for you.