BOAT RENTAL INSURANCE AND PERSONAL WATERCRAFT INSURANCE:
For Boat Owners, Renters, and Businesses
Being on the water can be unpredictable and if your boat accidentally causes damage, your business and your life could take a huge hit. Whether you own a boat business or simply have your own personal watercraft, proper coverage is necessary.
While most states do not require boat owners to carry boat or personal watercraft insurance, not having the coverage puts you at significant risk. If you cause an accident while on the water, an injured party could sue to cover their medical expenses and damage to their property. If the lawsuit is successful, you could owe hundreds of thousands of dollars or more. Having the right amount of liability insurance reduces your exposure and protects your assets.
In some cases, a homeowner’s insurance policy will extend coverage to a boat — as long as the watercraft is relatively small. However, these policies typically provide minimal protection, include gaps that leave you vulnerable, and contain low liability limits that may not cover the full amount of a court-ordered award or settlement. Many boat owners turn to XINSURANCE for extra coverage that gives them true peace of mind.
XINSURANCE Can Meet Your Boat or Personal Watercraft Insurance Needs
XINSURANCE offers boat rental insurance and personal watercraft insurance for speedboats, pontoon boats, fishing boats, houseboats, yachts, banana boats, tiki boats, kayaks, canoes, paddleboats, jet skies, hydro flying and more. With our customized, all-in-one approach, you can get the liability coverage insurance you need to feel happy out on the water without any worry.
What Types of Boat or Personal Watercraft Insurance Should You Carry?
Boat owners and operators should carry insurance to cover their liability exposure and pay for damages to the watercraft when an incident occurs. Available coverages include:
- Bodily Injury: This form of liability insurance pays for medical expenses resulting from injuries due to your negligence. Examples of typical scenarios include causing an accident that injures your passengers or those on the other watercraft involved in the mishap. Another potential situation is when a passenger slips and falls while aboard your vessel.
- Property Damage: Use this coverage to pay for the damage you cause to the property of others, such as when your negligence leads to an accident that destroys another watercraft.
- Commercial Liability: This covers business activities and operations.
- Guest Passenger Liability: If you permit someone else to operate your watercraft, this liability insurance covers injuries or damage due to accidents they cause.
- Medical Payments: This insurance covers the cost of medical treatments for you and your passengers resulting from a boating accident.
- Physical Damage (PD): PD insurance protects against damage to your boat and permanently attached equipment such as anchors and propellers. Examples of covered events include collision with other vessels and perils such as fire, lightning, vandalism, and theft.
- Pollution Clean-Up: Covers the costs associated with pollution clean-up caused by your boat, personal watercraft, or rental.
- Uninsured Boater Coverage: Helps pay for injuries people on your boat sustain from another boater who does not have insurance.
- True Umbrella: Our true umbrella can cover any gap, limitation, or exclusion in any other insurance policy in force.
Customized Coverage for True Umbrella™ Protection
XINSURANCE offers flexible underwriting to meet your unique coverage requirements. We cover the gaps and exclusions that could be putting you at risk of a significant financial loss. With limits available of up to $10 million — or $20 million in some circumstances — you’ll enjoy true peace of mind knowing your assets are safe if a loss occurs.
About Our All-in-One Approach to Liability Insurance
At XINSURANCE, we implement a partnership approach to providing the boat or personal watercraft insurance you need. You’ll find that covering all your exposures under one comprehensive policy makes managing your plan easier and removes doubts. Working directly with one team of underwriters and decision-makers also ensures more consistency and eliminates uncertainty when working with multiple carriers. Plus, you can count on us to be there to update your program as your liability insurance requirements evolve over time.
We Offer Coverage When Others Won’t
Have you experienced the cancellation or non-renewal of a boat or personal watercraft insurance policy due to an excessive claims history or other reasons? Have you had your application for coverage rejected? We specialize in taking on difficult risks that other insurance companies avoid. We write business that no one else will.
XINSURANCE will be there in your time of need. You can contact us to file a claim, and we’ll initiate the investigation and settlement process without delay. You can also count on us for expert legal assistance during a lawsuit. We work with old and new claims and will even take on existing litigation on your behalf.
Our Simplified Application Process
We’ve removed the hassles of applying for boat or personal watercraft insurance. Complete the application online and submit it to our underwriting team for a prompt review. Once we receive your application, we’ll get in touch to set up a phone call and discuss the risk in more detail. We’ll then respond quickly with a no-obligation quote for your approval. If you agree to the policy and pay the required premium, we’ll issue your new program right away.
Get Your Boat or Personal Watercraft Insurance Today
Don’t put yourself and your assets at risk. Use the form on this page to initiate the liability insurance process today. You can also contact us if you need more information or would like a free review of your current plan.