LIABILITY INSURANCE FOR BUS COMPANIES
At XINSURANCE, we understand that while transportation is one of the most valuable services today, owning and operating a bus involves a risk threshold. Our bus liability insurance specialists connect fleet owners and drivers with comprehensive plans covering bodily injury, property damage, and more.
We’ll find gaps in your current coverage if you already have an insurance policy. We can also help you secure transportation insurance if your business is new or if your policy has been canceled, declined, or otherwise denied.
More Information About Bus Insurance
What Is Liability Insurance for Bus Companies?
Liability insurance for buses is a commercial vehicle insurance policy that insulates drivers and fleet owners against costs associated with accidents, natural disasters, theft, and other mishaps.
If your bus is involved in an incident, you may find yourself facing significant legal fees, damage expenses, or medical bills. Paying these fees outright would require a significant amount of liquid funds — something many businesses lack. With a bus liability insurance policy, you’ll pay a premium so that your insurance carrier will cover some or all of the costs after a covered incident.
At XINSURANCE, we customize insurance plans for transportation companies and private bus owners that cover up to $10 million. We put together plans that can cover accidents, theft, natural disasters, third-party bodily injury, injury, third-party damage, towing expenses, and more.
Types of Buses Covered by Bus Liability Insurance
The transportation industry is diverse. There are companies that own large fleets, individuals who own a vehicle and operate independently, government agencies with two or three buses on-site, and numerous other situations. XINSURANCE is committed to finding a sensible liability insurance policy for your business structure. We build plans that cover operations including:
- School buses
- Shuttle buses
- Commercial buses
- Paratransit buses
- Private buses
- Charter buses
- Personal buses
- Party Buses
- Tour buses
Benefits of Bus Liability Insurance Protection
Whether you own a single bus for personal use or an entire lot of coach buses, liability insurance can benefit you in multiple ways:
- Financial security: Unexpected legal, medical, or repair fees put your business at risk. With liability insurance, you can send your buses on the road confidently, knowing your policy will kick in when you need it.
- Legal compliance: Federal law requires all commercial vehicles to have liability coverage. Acquiring a reasonable liability policy for your buses can help you avoid violation fees.
- Passenger and driver safety: Liability insurance can ensure you or your drivers receive any medical care required after an accident. You can also add passengers to your insurance policy.
Tour Bus Insurance
Tour bus companies and tour bus drivers have a particular need for specialty liability insurance. Insurance companies are dropping coverages or even canceling policies altogether. XINSURANCE can provide tour bus insurance solutions for the sightseeing transportation industry that includes tour bus companies and drivers, charters, double-decker buses, and more.
Bus Accident Statistics
There are some important facts to know that help us understand why bus insurance is so important. Take a look at these facts pulled from the FMSCA and Paulson Coletti.
- On average, there are nearly 60,000 bus accidents each year in the United States.
- Most bus accidents are property damage only but each year, thousands of people are injured
- From 2016 to 2019, large truck and bus injury crashes increased 13 percent (from 112,000 in 2016 to 127,000 in 2019).
- On average, from 2009 to 2019, intercity buses accounted for 12 percent, and school buses and transit buses accounted for 39 percent and 34 percent, respectively, of all buses involved in fatal crashes.
Why Work With XINSURANCE?
XINSURANCE makes obtaining liability insurance easy. We leverage our 40-plus years of experience to provide all-in-one policies — even in the most difficult-to-insure situations. There’s no risk too large or too small. We’ll customize a policy with the limit, coverage, deductible and premium you need to conduct your transportation business with true peace of mind.
Connect With XINSURANCE
Dependable liability insurance will empower you to send your bus fleet out on the road with the knowledge that you can navigate damage, injuries, natural disasters, and other potentially costly incidents. The staff at XINSURANCE are ready to develop the ideal liability policy for your situation, so contact us online for a free review of your current policy and a quote detailing how we can enhance your coverage.