As a professional, you always strive to do what’s best for your clients. But even the most caring and conscientious professionals can make a mistake or overlook an essential detail when rendering their services. An error that causes harm to a client could lead to a lawsuit that has severe financial consequences, possibly even putting you out of business.
Professional liability (PL) insurance is designed to cover these situations. Also known as errors and omissions (E&O) coverage, these plans will pay for settlements or judgments resulting from litigation, as well as the costs of your legal defense.
To request a quote, please fill out the form below.
XINSURANCE: Your One-Stop Headquarters for Professional Liability Insurance
At XINSURANCE, we understand that comprehensive professional liability insurance coverage can be hard to obtain, especially if you’ve had to file a claim or two in the past. We focus on providing insurance protection to business owners and others who have been canceled, non-renewed, or denied coverage elsewhere. We’re able to offer plans with liability limits up to $10 million (and potentially up to $20 million by working with our reinsurance partners). No risk is beyond our capabilities.
What Does Professional Liability Insurance Cover?
We can provide a customized professional liability insurance plan that covers the following:
- Negligence: The term “negligence” refers to the failure to take appropriate care when providing services. Our PL policies cover various types of negligent acts, whether actual or alleged.
- Harmful advice: Professionals such as accountants, engineers, and consultants routinely advise their clients regarding the actions they should take. If your “bad” advice causes hardship or loss for a client, your PL policy will protect you.
- Personal injury: Suppose a client or a competitor accuses you of making disparaging comments (slander) or writing something untrue or negative (libel) about them and decides to sue you. The personal injury component of your PL plan will protect you in these situations.
- Legal defense: The cost of defending a liability lawsuit can be prohibitive. A PL policy will help to cover expenses such as attorney fees and court costs.
- Actions of employees: Under the law, you could be held responsible for harm caused by permanent staff members, temporary employees, or independent contractors you hire to assist with your business. Personal liability insurance will serve to protect you if a lawsuit results from their injurious acts.
- Claims from past services: Do you have an open PL claim with another insurance provider? XINSURANCE may be able to cover it for you, as long as you file a new claim with us during the policy period.
- International coverage: In today’s global economy, many professions conduct business in various parts of the world. Our PL insurance may offer protection for claims stemming from work performed or services rendered in other countries.
Please note that we do not provide coverage for workers’ compensation claims.
Examples of Professional Liability Insurance Coverage Claims
A few of the many claim scenarios that PL insurance may cover include:
- Real estate agents who fail to disclose defects or issues about a property to home buyers
- Financial advisers with no taxation expertise who recommend tax loopholes to clients that the IRS ultimately disallows
- Professional photographers who publish unflattering photos of their clients without their consent
- Paralegals who give damaging legal advice on behalf of the attorney who employs them
- Management consultants who advise clients on a crucial business decision that backfires and leads to a substantial financial loss
XINSURANCE Delivers True Peace of Mind
Our all-in-one approach to liability insurance will ensure you’re doing everything possible to fully protect your assets. We can provide a policy with customized options, limits, and premiums that covers the gaps and exclusions in your current plan. You’ll have the peace of mind of knowing you’re prepared for whatever liability claim may come your way.
If you need to file a claim, our exceptional service is second to none. We’re available 24/7 to provide a rapid response when a situation arises. We’ll also expedite the process to deliver the fast, fair outcome you deserve.