Liability Insurance for Towing and Repossession:
For Towing & Repo Companies
All-in-One Liability Insurance for Towing and Repossession Businesses
At XINSURANCE, our goal is to provide coverage for those gaps to those who need it most where regular insurance companies do not. Whether you need insurance for wrongful repossession, risks in the transportation of goods, liability insurance for risks associated with garage keepers and watchdogs, or something else, XINSURANCE is the insurance partner you want for the coverage you need.
With XINSURANCE, you can purchase customized liability insurance coverage that will protect you in all the areas that your employers, homeowners, and business insurance policies can’t or won’t. Our underwriting team brings you over 30 years of experience, along with the ability to offer customized limits, coverage, deductibles, and premiums to create the perfect plan for your personal protection. You’ll get a comprehensive liability plan that gives you true peace of mind.
What Does Liability Insurance for Towing and Repossession Cover?
We’ll create a liability plan tailored to your company, addressing all the risks that leave you and your business vulnerable. Typical coverage selections include:
- Commercial auto liability insurance (available in most states): Tow truck owners must carry auto liability coverage to protect against accident-related injuries and property damage. If a tow truck driver working for your company causes an accident that injures another driver, this insurance will help.
- Commercial general liability insurance: This insurance type provides basic third-party coverage in the case of property damage or bodily injury. It applies to incidents that aren’t related to the vehicles used in your business. For instance, if a customer or visitor at your garage trips over a tool and sustains an injury, general liability insurance will keep you protected.
- Drive-away liability insurance: This form of liability coverage offers protection if you cause injuries or property damage while towing a vehicle to another destination, such as a storage lot or auto auction.
- Wrongful repossession liability insurance: This coverage will protect you if damages arise out of a negligent act, error, omission, or failure to render professional services. Examples include repossessing the wrong vehicle or failing to obtain a written order from the financing company before towing.
- Garage keeper’s legal liability insurance: This insurance protects against damages while an automobile is under your “care, custody, and control.” For instance, if you temporarily store a repossessed vehicle on your property, you’ll have coverage if someone breaks in and vandalizes it.
- On-hook liability insurance: Accidents can occur while you’re towing a vehicle. On-hook insurance will pay for any resulting damages, but only if a portion of the auto is on the ground.
- Alleged assault and battery liability insurance: A vehicle repossession situation could become confrontational. Assault and battery coverage will protect you if an altercation occurs and an injured party decides to sue you.
- Garage keepers direct primary: Unlike garage keeper’s liability, this coverage pays for losses whether or not you’re legally liable.
- Package or mono-line: You can purchase one type of liability insurance or a package plan consisting of several coverages.
- Individual liability: Also known as personal liability, this coverage protects the towing company owner’s personal assets.
- Property coverage: This insurance protects the building and other property owned by the towing business.
- Alleged sexual abuse and molestation liability: Use this coverage to protect yourself and your employees against allegations of sexual misconduct.
All-in-One Liability Insurance That Meets Your Needs
When you choose XINSURANCE, you’ll get a comprehensive liability insurance policy that covers all your risks under a single plan. Select the limits that provide coverage for your business — up to $10 million in coverage is available, and as much as $20 million through our reinsurance partners.
If you partner with us, you’ll also enjoy a fast, seamless customer journey. Our streamlined application process entails filling out and submitting our online app. Our underwriters will review the information and set up a convenient phone call to discuss your situation in more detail. We’ll then deliver a fast, free quote for your consideration, issuing your new policy promptly once you agree to the terms and pay the initial premium.
To start the quote process and obtain more information about our liability insurance for your towing or repossession business, complete the form above. If you have any questions and would like to speak to a representative, give us a call at 877-585-2853.