For more information or to get a quote contact us today
Gym Insurance for Gym Owners and Fitness Instructors
As a gym owner or fitness instructor, your focus is on the health and of your clients. While you take the greatest care to ensure your clients are working out correctly and safely, accidents still happen.
Unfortunately, accidents involving gyms and fitness are common. You could be liable for such an accident occurring on your watch, which means you could be on the receiving end of a financially devastating lawsuit. It’s crucial that you mitigate your risk by ensuring you have gym insurance.
Sobering Statistics About Gyms and Fitness
An analysis of data from the US National Electronic Injury Surveillance System showed that about a third of men and women injured while running were using a treadmill at the time.
The ten most common fitness injuries are:
- Shin splints
- Knee injuries
- Iliotibial ems (concerning the tendon along the outer thigh)
- Back strain
- Rotator cuff injuries
- Twisted ankles
- Elbow injuries
- Pectoral injuries
- Groin strains
These are only a few of many statistics about injuries resulting from gym or fitness activities, which show the importance of having fitness center insurance.
In addition to having fitness instructor insurance or gym insurance, you can minimize your risk in several other ways:
- Always ensure your gym equipment is well-maintained and in excellent working order
- Thoroughly assess your clients to ensure they’re able to carry out the chosen activities
- Never let your clients work out if they appear to be unwell, fatigued, or intoxicated
- Always ensure your clients are hydrated
- Carry out full equipment inductions so that clients can operate equipment correctly
- Don’t let clients take part in activities beyond their experience level
- Keep your certifications and first-aid qualifications up-to-date
- Ensure there are always enough eyes on the gym floor to spot if someone is struggling or using equipment incorrectly
XINSURANCE: Gym Insurance
XINSURANCE has been providing liability coverage solutions to high-risk businesses and individuals for over 40 years. We offer a unique, all-in-one approach that assesses your experience level and operations to provide fully customized coverage solutions for your needs.
XINSURANCE is powered by Evolution Insurance Brokers, LC (“EIB”), an excess and surplus lines insurance brokerage and we’re proud to offer:
- Gym insurance
- Fitness insurance
- Fitness center insurance
- Fitness instructor insurance
We provide coverage solutions for gyms and fitness centers, as well as self-employed fitness instructors and personal trainers. Our comprehensive insurance solutions includes coverage for:
- Commercial general liability
- Commercial property
- Premises liability – protects the owner from 3rd party slips and falls
- Commercial auto (not available in all states)
- Personal liability
- Firearms liability
- Special events liability
- Alleged sexual abuse and molestation
- Alleged assault and battery
- Active shooter coverage
- And more
Whether you need coverage for every eventuality or something more specialized, XINSURANCE can make it happen. Even if you have a claims history or have been refused coverage in the past, we may be able to provide the peace of mind you require.
Find Out More About XINSURANCE
If you’re looking for more information about our gym insurance or any of our other coverages, please read more on our website. We have a huge product line, including our fitness instructor insurance and gym insurance.
If you don’t see exactly what you’re looking for, please contact us to create customized coverage for your needs.
To keep up to date on XINSURANCE, follow us on all social media platforms. If you have a question, feel free to send us a message:
And please keep an eye on our events calendar to see if we’re attending any shows near you.
We make it easy for our customers to get in touch for a quote. You can call us at 877-585-2853 and chat to a member of our expert team. Alternatively, you are welcome to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. While you’re browsing our website, you’ll also notice you have the opportunity to click for a quote. It’s completely free with no obligations.
Whether you’re a gym owner or fitness instructor, XINSURANCE can help you get the coverage you need.