For more information or to get a quote contact us today
Insurance for Krucker Floats and Amphibious Ultralight Trikes
Amphibious aircrafts such as Krucker floats and amphibious ultralight trikes are great fun. Not only do you get to float along the water, but you also get to take to the skies. Amphibious aircraft give you the best of both worlds.
If you fly Krucker floats or an amphibious ultralight trike or are a flight instructor for these crafts, you need protection from liability. Facing a lawsuit because someone got injured on your watch is something that no person wants to experience. However, accidents do happen, so you absolutely need protection in case the worst happens.
Ultralight aircrafts originated in the US in 1975 and it’s estimated there are over 200,000 aircraft in use across America. Their relatively low cost has allowed these activities to become accessible to many Americans who are inexperienced in flying the aircraft. This has increased the number of injuries and deaths that occur when flying.
Accidents on Krucker floats and Amphibious Ultralight Trikes
Amphibious aircraft are more dangerous than standard aircraft because they are more likely to flip over when landing. This is due to the craft landing on undulating waters. In 2019, two separate seaplane crashes caused the death of eight people in total.
One study showed the mortality rate of ultralight aircraft to be 17%. A Pubmed case report showed that on average, there are 60 deaths a year from ultralight aircraft and that spinal fractures are also common.
Keeping Safe on Your Amphibious Aircraft
Whether you pilot a Krucker float or amphibious ultralight trike, you need to ensure you follow prudent safety advice. Not only will this help keep you safe, but it will also lessen the chances of an accident. Good safety tips include:
- Keeping aircrafts well-maintained
- Being fully trained in first response first aid and on how to use the aircraft
- Carrying emergency flotation and communication devices on board
- Ensuring students do not attempt anything beyond their ability
- Not flying in adverse weather conditions
- Ensuring all who fly can swim well
- Having all insurances in place including liability coverage
Insurance for Amphibious Aircrafts
XINSURANCE has been providing liability coverage solutions for high-risk activities for decades. Amphibious aircraft are no exception.
XINSURANCE is powered by Evolution Insurance Brokers, LC (“EIB”), an excess and surplus lines insurance brokerage. Through our unique “all-in-one” approach, we are able to offer fully customized coverage solutions for all that need it. Even if you’ve been denied coverage in the past or have a claims history, XINSURANCE can help you.
- Pilot instructor insurance: For those that instruct student pilots or conduct FAA-mandated flight reviews or check rides.
- Student pilot insurance: For those learning in a plane they don’t own, non-owner or aircraft renter’s liability insurance will protect you if you cause bodily injury or property damage during a lesson.
- Personal or professional pilots insurance: For those flying in non-owned aircraft, commercial pilots, and independent contractors. Coverage includes 3rd-party bodily injury and 3rd-party property damage
Contact XINSURANCE Today
Flying a Krucker float or amphibious ultralight trike should be done with complete peace of mind that you won’t face a costly lawsuit alone. If your current liability insurance does not offer the right coverage or if you don’t have any coverage at all, get in touch with us today.
Call XINSURANCE on 877-585-2853 to talk with our experienced team. Alternatively, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries. Take a look at our website, which has lots of information, including details on our vast product line, including amphibious aircraft liability coverage. If you’re ready, you can
Take to the skies in your Krucker float or amphibious ultralight trike. With XINSURANCE, you can do so with confidence.