For pilots, students, AMTs, & CFIs
Protect Your Assets With Liability Coverage From XINSURANCE
At XINSURANCE, we understand the unique insurance needs and challenges that pilots face. We specialize in offering liability coverage for these and other difficult risks. Whether you’ve been declined, canceled or non-renewed by another provider, we’ll help you obtain coverage that protects your assets and gives you true peace of mind. With the ability to offer limits of up to $10 million — and $20 million through our reinsurance partners — no risk is too big or small for XINSURANCE.
What Does Pilot Insurance Cover?
Liability insurance covers you if you cause property damage or injuries to a third party. Your situation will dictate the specific type of liability policy you should carry:
- Pilot instructor insurance: This insurance covers you if you instruct student pilots, as well as if you conduct FAA-mandated flight reviews or checkrides. You may need this coverage even if you don’t own the plane in which you’re providing the instruction, as the owner’s policy might not extend to your services.
- Student pilot insurance: If you’re training to become a pilot, you’re probably receiving instruction in a plane you don’t own. Non-owner or aircraft renter’s liability insurance will protect you if you cause bodily injury or property damage during your lessons.
- Personal or Professional Pilots: If your flying to build time in non owned aircraft, a pilot liability insurance plan can cover you. This also applies to commercial pilots and independent contractors. The policy covers 3rd party bodily injury and 3rd party property damage caused by aircraft in case pilot is name personally in suit.
Pilot liability insurance can also covere non-owned aircraft coverage which is $10,000 towards a non owned aircraft deductible in the event of accident.
It’s important to know that Pilot Insurance DOES NOT cover the actual aircraft coverage for owner. If you store your plane in a hangar, you should also carry general liability insurance to provide coverage for third-party injury or property damage while it’s there.
Please be advised that XINSURANCE does not offer workers’ compensation insurance, so you will need to pursue an external policy for this coverage.
Typical Pilot Insurance Applications
Situations where pilot insurance should provide coverage include:
- While taxiing down a runway, a pilot clips the wing of another plane. Liability insurance will pay for the damages sustained by the other plane, as well as the medical expenses of the pilot and passengers in that aircraft.
- During a rough landing, a student pilot causes damage to a plane owned by the instructor. The student’s non-owner liability policy will compensate the owner when repairing the damages.
- While on a weekend pleasure flight, you crash a plane that you own, killing your passenger. Your liability policy will compensate the victim’s family members if they file a successful lawsuit against you.
Why Choose Us as Your Pilot Insurance Provider?
At XINSURANCE, we’re able to offer customized insurance protection tailored to your unique coverage requirements. With our flexible underwriting process, we can deliver the right limits, deductibles, and premiums for every situation. We also support every policy we sell with top-notch customer service every step of the way.
Our all-in-one liability insurance coverage gives you true peace of mind. We’ll cover all your liability risks under one policy, eliminating worries about limitations, gaps, or exclusions that could increase your exposure.
If you need to file a claim, we’ll always be there to take your call, no matter when the event occurs. With our years of claims handling expertise, we’ll provide a fast outcome and a fair settlement. We can help with new and old claims alike.
You’ll Appreciate Our Streamlined Application Process
Applying for aviation risk insurance from XINSURANCE is fast and easy. To start the process, fill out and submit our online application form. Our team of in-house underwriters will review the information and set up a phone call with you to discuss your app in more detail. We’ll then issue a no-obligation quote for your consideration. If you accept the terms and pay the first premium, we’ll issue your pilot insurance policy. The entire procedure only takes 24 hours or less.
Contact us today to get your free liability insurance quote. We can also review your current coverage to look for gaps or exclusions.