For more information or to get a quote contact us today
8 Safety Tips for Parasailing Operators
Parasailing is a popular tourist activity around the coastal areas of the US. During the high season, you can find many parasailing operators. They provide a thrilling experience to their customers. However, parasailing can be dangerous in the hands of the inexperienced. With so many parasailing experiences afforded to first-timers, it stands to reason that accidents are likely. That’s why coverage such as parasailing liability insurance is vital.
In 2020, a man lost his life when the sail took place during bad weather. The family is currently suing the parasailing operator for wrongful death. In 2015, two families successfully reached a settlement agreement after their daughters were severely injured in a parasailing incident. The details of the settlement are confidential, but it was likely substantial due to the extent of their injuries.
8 Safety Tips for Parasailing Operators
To avoid liability lawsuits, parasailing businesses must ensure they are operating safely at all times. Responsible parasailing operators will always follow these safety tips:
- Check and Keep Close Watch on the Weather – Adverse weather conditions are a leading cause of parasailing incidents, so don’t operate when the weather is bad. High winds should be avoided as they can cause the parasail to spin out of control.
- Check and Maintain all Equipment Before Use – Never use old, tired, or broken equipment. Ensure all equipment is well-maintained and stored properly in-between uses. Carry out equipment safety checks regularly. Before setting out, check and triple-check everything is in order and packed properly.
- Get Your Paperwork in Order – Never head out with a customer unless they have completed and signed all the necessary paperwork, including the release form. The customer must know exactly what they are doing and agree to the risks involved before heading out. Make sure all your insurances and licenses are valid and up to date.
- Sober Customers Only – Some Dutch courage may embolden customers to take their first parasail ride, but intoxicated customers increase the risk of accidents. If anyone seems under the influence of drugs or alcohol, leave them on the ground. The same goes for anyone who seems unwell or overtired.
- Know Your Area – You will likely have been allocated an area in which you can safely operate. Be mindful of your space. Know the dangers present. If you are heading to a new area, survey it and carry out a risk assessment before taking any customers.
- Use the Platform for Take-Off – Dragging someone along the shoreline until they take off is thrilling for the customer but also much more dangerous. Act responsibly. Ensure all your parasails take off from a standing platform or designated area. This will give you more control over the parasail and limit the risk of injury.
- Adhere to Weight Limits – Weight limits exist to ensure the parasail can be controlled and operated safely. Parasailing businesses must adhere to the set weight limits, even if that means turning away some larger customers. Always use the correct size parasail for the weight limits.
- Hold Valid Parasailing Liability Insurance – Even the most diligent and careful parasailing operator can have an accident happen on their watch. Therefore, it’s vital you have the appropriate coverage in place. It’s important to note that most business insurances don’t have adequate coverage, in which cases specialist coverage is also necessary.
Should a liability lawsuit be filed against you, the parasailing liability insurance will protect you and your business from the huge associated costs.
Parasailing Liability Insurance
XINSURANCE is a specialty liability insurance broker for high-risk businesses and occupations. They can provide solutions for those who have a claims history or have been denied coverage in the past. This is great news for hard-to-insure businesses such as parasailing operators.
- General liability
- Communicable disease liability coverage
- Advertising complaint
- Watercraft liability
- Hull coverage
To get in touch for a quote with XINSURANCE, simply use one of the methods below:
- Phone 877-585-2853
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office locations: HERE
- Click for a quote
- Visit our website
- View our product line
- Check out our events calendar
We welcome questions and queries and will comprehensively address your concerns. Our coverage is tailor-made to suit each individual or business, so you can be confident that our parasailing liability insurance will meet your needs.
Continue doing the job you love without fear of facing a lawsuit or bankruptcy. Give XINSURANCE a call today.
Rick Lindsey hails from Salt Lake City, Utah. He began working in the mailroom of his father’s Salt Lake City insurance firm, getting his introduction to the business that became his lifelong career. Lindsey quickly rose through the ranks while working in nearly every imaginable insurance industry job. As an entrepreneur, specialty lines underwriter, claims specialist, risk manager, and a licensed surplus lines broker, Rick Lindsey is highly skilled in all levels of leadership and execution. As he progressed on his career path, Rick discovered an urgent need for insurers willing to write policies for high-risk individuals and businesses. He was frequently frustrated that he could not provide the liability protection these entities desperately needed to safeguard their assets. He also formed the belief that insurance companies acted too quickly to settle frivolous claims. Lindsey decided to try a different approach. He started an insurance company and became the newly formed entity’s CEO. This opportunity has enabled Rick to fill a void in the market and provide a valuable service to businesses, individuals, and insurance agents who write high-risk business. XINSURANCE also specializes in helping individuals and businesses who live a lifestyle or participate in activities that make them difficult for traditional carriers to insure. If you’ve been denied, non-renewed, or canceled coverage, don’t give up quite yet. Chances are XINSURANCE can help.