For more information or to get a quote contact us today
Why You Need Water Park Insurance
Water parks provide the setting for creating countless happy memories with friends and family. As the owner of a water park, it’s incredible to give people the opportunity to enjoy a fun summer day together—while, of course, keeping them safe from harm. Despite the many precautions you take to ensure every guest’s safety, accidents can and do happen. That’s why it’s essential to watch out for your own safety, as well, so you can protect your finances and your business. You need water park insurance.
Why You Need Water Park Insurance
Water and slippery surfaces pose inherent risks, no matter how carefully your park is maintained and monitored. Though you may have a safe park with no history of claims, it’s important to get insurance coverage before something happens—just in case.
Drowning tends to receive the most attention as a water-related injury. Indeed, it is a serious concern; the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says there are 10 deaths by accidental drowning every day in the United States (20 percent of those are children under the age of 14), making it the fifth leading cause of death for people of all ages.
However, there are other hazards at a water park that could cause serious injury or death. These include:
- Slides: In 2014, there were more accidents involving water slides than any other amusement park ride over the five previous years, according to a study done by the New Jersey Department of Community Affairs.
- Stairs: Even carefully ascending wet stairs can result in a slip and fall; of course, children often rush and aren’t always as safety cautious as their parents!
- Wet Pool Decks: Pool decks are often slippery when wet.
- Crowds: The more people in the space, the higher the risk of an incident. Someone might run into someone at the bottom of a slide, or accidentally kick or hit someone as they’re swimming or splashing.
- Poorly Trained or Unskilled Lifeguards: Every lifeguard on duty should be fully trained and committed to his or her duties while on the clock.
- Negligence: This might include a failure to uphold height, weight, or age restrictions, inadequate warning signs, poorly maintained equipment, lack of cleanliness, and more.
Although an incident does not automatically mean you are at fault, you will have to show you took all necessary precautions to prevent accidents and injuries. If you do have to pay a claim, having insurance can mean the difference between keeping your business going and financial devastation.
How to Prevent Water Park Incidents
Although some accidents will happen despite all precautions, there are many things you can do to help ensure the safety of your guests.
- Have Guests Sign a Waiver: Waivers should be written by a professional in clear language so each guest understands the risks they are taking by playing at the water park.
- Train Employees Thoroughly: This goes beyond lifeguards. Every employee should feel empowered to speak up to guests to enforce the rules, respond to emergencies, and more.
- Monitor the Park Carefully: Managers should take care to ensure employees are doing their jobs and guests are not overlooking any safety considerations.
- Post All Rules Clearly: Height restrictions, general guidelines, and other water park rules should be posted in multiple places.
How to Get Water Park Insurance
It’s easier than ever to get insurance for water parks. Though many insurance companies won’t insure you if you’ve had prior claims, or if they decide your slides are too dangerous, XINSURANCE is there for you no matter what. We offer coverage solutions for indoor and outdoor water parks, theme parks, and water slides, as well as the employees and lifeguards who work hard every day to ensure everyone has a great time and stays safe. No matter where you’re located, how many claims you’ve had in the past, or how big your water park is, we have an insurance solution for you.
Those solutions go beyond water park insurance. We can also provide commercial property liability if you are a property owner, as well as professional, participant, and general liability on their own or in addition to other coverage you may have. Commercial insurance, for example, comes with a wide range of options, including coverage to protect you against allegations of sexual misconduct, product liability, special events, and more.
Learn more about water park insurance and get a quote today. If you have any additional questions, contact us! You can call 877-585-2853 or email email@example.com. We look forward to speaking with you!
Authored by Rick J. Lindsey, President, Chairman, and CEO of XINSURANCE
Rick J. Lindsey hails from Salt Lake City, Utah. He began working in the mailroom of his father’s Salt Lake City insurance firm, getting his introduction to the business that became his lifelong career. Rick J. Lindsey quickly rose through the ranks while working in nearly every imaginable insurance industry job. As an entrepreneur, specialty lines underwriter, claims specialist, risk manager, and a licensed surplus lines broker, Rick J. Lindsey is highly skilled in all levels of leadership and execution. As he progressed on his career path, Rick J. Lindsey discovered an urgent need for insurers willing to write policies for high-risk individuals and businesses. He was frequently frustrated that he could not provide the liability protection these entities desperately needed to safeguard their assets. He also formed the belief that insurance companies acted too quickly to settle frivolous claims. Rick J. Lindsey decided to try a different approach. He started an insurance company and became the newly formed entity’s CEO. This opportunity has enabled Rick J. Lindsey to fill a void in the market and provide a valuable service to businesses, individuals, and insurance agents who write high-risk business. XINSURANCE also specializes in helping individuals and businesses who live a lifestyle or participate in activities that make them difficult for traditional carriers to insure. If you’ve been denied, non-renewed, or canceled coverage, don’t give up quite yet. Chances are XINSURANCE can help.