Shooting ranges and rod and gun clubs enable gun owners to become proficient with their firearms. They’re ideal for hunters, law enforcement professionals, and others who want to practice with their weapons in a safe, controlled indoor or outdoor environment. But these facilities pose liability issues that can jeopardize owners’ and operators’ financial health.
Shooting ranges are a prime target for lawsuits because of their inherent liability risk. The obvious risks are injuries and death caused by misfire but there are plenty of other issues that shooting range owners need to be aware of. These risks include weather incidents, non-club members trespassing and getting hurt, slips and falls in the parking lot, and more.
XINSURANCE Offers Archery and Shooting Range Insurance Solutions
Gun ranges are generally safe but when you’re dealing with firearms, why take the massive risk? Make sure you’re properly covered with shooting range liability insurance.
XINSURANCE specializes in helping businesses and individuals who engage in activities outside of traditional risks, such as rod and gun clubs. Our underwriting team brings more than 40 years of expertise to ensure the right protection for your unique situation. You’ll experience the ideal combination of coverages, limits, premiums, and deductibles that work for you or your company.
With XINSURANCE, you will have the customized coverage you need through our all-in-one approach. By reviewing your operations and experience level, we provide insurance solutions made to fit your needs. So, no matter the risk or history, we are here to help you.
What Does Shooting Range Liability Insurance Cover?
Shooting range liability insurance can cover indoor and outdoor ranges that have handguns, shotguns, rifles, bows and arrows, and other arms. In addition, shooting range liability insurance can cover rental equipment, training classes, and more. We provide specialty customized insurance solutions through an all-in-one approach to fit your needs.
Your plan can include:
- Legal Liability: This is coverage for criminal allegations. This coverage pays for court-ordered judgments against you and the cost of your legal defense if an injured party decides to sue you. Examples of claims this insurance covers include mechanical malfunctions, the dropping of a weapon, or when someone unknowingly leaves a round in a gun’s chamber.
- Commercial General Liability (CGL): A CGL plan is a broad form of liability insurance for businesses that provides coverage for bodily injury, personal injury, and property damage stemming from your business operations. One example is when someone slips and falls on your property and suffers an injury. Accidental discharge would also be covered under the G/L which covers 3rd party bodily injury and 3rd party property damage.
- Personal Liability: This insurance offers liability protection for you — the rod and gun club owner — arising from your personal activities that cause injuries to or damages the property of others. It can cover personal firearm liability for individuals as well. We can also offer personal and firearm liability to anyone at the facility on a separate coverage.
- Firearms Liability: If you carry a properly registered concealed weapon, this insurance provides liability coverage should you need to use the firearm in a self-defense shooting.
- Alleged Sexual Abuse or Molestation: This form of liability coverage protects you and your employees against claims of sexual misconduct made by a member or guest while on your property.
- Alleged Assault and Battery: As a shooting range owner, you could be held liable for shootings, fights, and similar incidents that occur at your facility. This insurance protects you against lawsuits stemming from these events. You’ll need to purchase this coverage separately, as it is typically excluded under a CGL policy.
- Communicable Disease Coverage: Use this coverage to protect against claims of individuals contracting an infectious disease while on your property. It can also provide compensation if an outbreak forces you to suspend your business’s operations.
- True Umbrella: Our true umbrella can cover any gap, limitation, or exclusion in any other insurance policy in force.
Get All-in-One Rod and Gun Club Insurance Protection
Other providers attempt to sell you one or more individual policies. XINSURANCE offers broad-ranging program options where you can have all your liability insurance in one place. You’ll work directly with our underwriting team to develop a program that meets your requirements. Plus, you’ll receive True Umbrella protection you can trust.
We Work With Small and Large Risks Alike
Regardless of how much or little liability coverage you need, we can deliver a plan that’s the perfect fit for your situation. You can get limits up to $10 million — or $20 million through our reinsurance partners. What’s more, we take on the risks that other providers tend to avoid. We can likely provide a solution for your unique needs, even if you have an extensive claims history or were canceled by your carrier.
Excellent Service With Every Policy
We stand behind your shooting range liability policy with exceptional service. We’re available to take your claim reports, and we’ll work to expedite the settlement process fast. We can handle new and older claims, and we’ll even take over current claims. We also offer our risk management expertise that can help minimize your insurance costs. Our team will be happy to review your current program at no charge to detect any exclusions or gaps that are leaving you vulnerable.
Enjoy a Simplified Customer Experience
Obtaining coverage is a fast, seamless process. Fill out and submit your application online, and our underwriting team will set up a time to discuss the risk in more detail. We’ll then send a no-obligation quote for your review. Your new policy will be issued when you agree to the terms and pay the first premium.
Request a Shooting Range Liability Insurance Quote Today
Find out how rod and gun club insurance from XINSURANCE can protect your assets and give you true peace of mind. Fill out and submit the quote form on this page or contact us for more information today.
Disclaimer: This policy may not be offered in every state depending on applicable state and local laws. Please contact us for more information.